Whey Protein Isolate is a high-protein, filtered milk product containing very little lactose, fats, and carbohydrates. It is manufactured from cheese whey. It is a complete protein containing all 20 amino acids. It has a higher concentration of amino acids and less calories than WPC.
- Protein Content: Contains a higher protein content than WPC, usually around 90% or higher. It undergoes additional processing to remove most of the fat and lactose.
- Other Nutrients: The additional filtration process reduces the amount of beneficial nutrients found in WPI compared to WPC.
- Digestibility: More suitable for those who are lactose intolerant or have sensitive stomachs, as it contains lower levels of fat and lactose.
- Taste & Texture: Might have a slightly different texture and taste due to the reduced fat and lactose content. Some users find it to be slightly more watery or less creamy.
- Complete Protein: Both WPC and WPI are considered complete proteins, meaning they contain all nine essential amino acids.
- BCAAs: WPI is rich in branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs) which are crucial for muscle growth and recovery.