- A-League Premiership: 2011–12
- A-League Championship: 2013
Maty Ryan is the current Socceroos captain and goalkeeper, and one of Australia’s best international football players. Maty also plays for AZ Alkmaar in the Dutch Eredivisie league, coming from FC Copanhagen in the Superliga. Ryan’s first professional club was the Central Coast Mariners, and has also played for Club Brugge, Valencia FC, Brighton & Hove Albion, Arsenal, and Real Sociedad.
- APRIL 8, 1992
Maty Ryan is the Australian Socceroos goalkeeper, currently playing for Eredivisie club AZ Alkmaar. Previosuly he played for Real Sociedad during the 21/22 season and Copenhagen during the 22/23 season. In January 2021, he played for Arsenal in the English Premier League, on loan from Brighton & Hove Albion. Ryan began his career with the Central Coast Mariners in 2010, winning the Joe Marston Medal and Al-League Young Footballer of the Year for the 2010/11 and 2011/12 seasons, before winning the A-League Grand Final in 2013. Between 2013 and 2017, Ryan played for Club Brugge in the Belgium Pro League, Valencia in La Liga, and Genk in the Belgium Pro League, winning several accolades. In 2017, Ryan signed with Brighton & Hove Albion in the EPL as the primary goalkeeper, before joining Arsenal on Loan in 2021. Ryan also played in the 2014 and 2018 world Cups, and is Australia’s first-choice keeper.
HONOURS & ACHIEVEMENTS
Central Coast Mariners
Belgian Cup: 2014–15
AFC Asian Cup: 2015
- A-League Young Footballer of the Year: 2010–11, 2011–12
- Joe Marston Medal: 2011
- A-League Goalkeeper of the Year: 2011–12
- FFA U20 Male Player of the Year: 2011, 2012
- PFA Harry Kewell Medal: 2011–12, 2013–14, 2014–15
- PFA A-League Team of the Season: 2011–12
- Mariners Medal: 2011–12
- Belgium Pro League Goalkeeper of the Year: 2013–14, 2014–15
- AFC Asian Cup Golden Glove: 2015
- AFC Asian Cup Dream Team: 2015
- PFA Footballer of the Year: 2014–15, 2018–19
- IFFHS AFC Men’s Team of the Decade 2011–2020
- Opens in a new window.